1. A strong e ________________ hit Ya’an on April 20th , 2013.
2. Su Huijuan was born in a v________________ but she works in a bank in the city now. 3. It rained so ________________(大) last night that the lake is full of water now. 4. A car _________________(撞) into a big tree last night. Luckily, nobody hurt.
5. Peter, we need to clean the house. Could you please m ______________ up the floor? 6. It’s reported that two men were killed in a car a_________________ early this morning. 7. There are many natural d________________ in the world.
8. I can’t go home w________________ you, or I will be frightened. 9. A flood w_______________ the small house away.
10. A little girl ______________(落)from a tree and hurt her leg. 二、词组翻译20
1. 一阵轻微的震动_______________________ 2. 崩塌___________________________ 3. 处于恐惧中___________________________4. 自言自语_______________________ 5. 找到出路 ____________________________6. 感到紧张_______________________ 7. 向同一个方向跑_______________________8. 平静下来________________________ 9. 搬开砖头____________________________10. 大声呼救________________________ 三、用括号中所给单词的适当形式填空30
1. He left the classroom angrily without ___________(say) a word.
2. They were in a great hurry __________________(move) away the stones. 3. I ________________(think) somebody would hear me but no one came. 4. Andy tried his best __________________(learn) English last term. 5. I asked________________(I) , “Did I really survive?”
6. They felt a slight shaking through their ________________(body). 7. “I’m _______________(trap),” he said to himself.
8. Listen! I can hear an old lady ________________(scream) for help in the next door. 9. After that, pieces of glass and bricks ____________(fall) down. A lot of people died. 10. It’s impossible for such a little boy to catch a snake _______________(live). 11. He _______________ his head and went out without saying anything. (shake) 12There are so many people at the gate. What _____________(happen)?
13It’s not hard to learn a foreign language if you keep _______________(practise) 14He came the cinema just before the film _______________(end)
15It will take us about two days ______________(move) away all the bricks here. 16Father says that he ______________(come) back from New York in five days.
17I’m sure they ______________(fee) happy if you _____________(join) them in the party. 18We _____________(not visit) the Summer Palace if it ______________(rain) tomorrow. 19He ________(fall) off his bike twice on the way home becuase of the snow.
20Our Maths teacher told us _______________(not make) any noise in the classroom. 21 I ____________________(play) computer games at this time yesterday. 21. She ______________________ (watch)TV on the sofa at eight last night.
22. ______________ they __________ (feed) the animals at five yesterday afternoon? 23. Mrs Green _______________________(not wash) clothes at this time yesterday. 24. Grandpa _______________________(mend) his clock when I reached home.
25 As I ____________________(walk) in the park, I saw some children playing games. 26. Mrs Green _________________(not wash) clothes at this time yesterday. 四、单项选择30
( ) 1. The floor is very clean. Who ______ just now?
A. mop it up B. mop up it C. mopped it up D. mopped up it ( ) 2. Which of the following is NOT a natural disaster? A. A house caught fire because lightning hit it.
B. Many houses fell down because of the earthquake.
C. A car knocked Tom down when he was reading a storybook on the way home D. A flood destroyed the farm near the town.
( ) 3.It may be dangerous ______ a car ______ a snowy day.
A. to drive, in B. to drive, on C. drive, in D. drive, on ( ) 4. -----Sam, what will the weather be like tomorrow?
----- Sorry, mum. I didn’t watch the weather forecast just now. I __ a football match.
A. was watching B. am watching C. would watch D. will watch ( ) 5. -----TV says there will be a storm tomorrow.
----- ______. I planned to go climbing with my classmates.
A. I hope so B. I’m afraid so C. Sounds good D. Bad luck
( ) 6. When I was working on a Maths problem, a good idea went ______ my mind.
A. over B. in C. about D. through ( ) 7.The travelers ______on the top of the mountain. They called 110 for help. A. trapped B. were trapped C. trapping D. are trapping
( ) 8. There was a heavy storm __ thunder and lightning.A. with B. have C. has D. about ( ) 9. The accident _______ in this room yesterday.
A. happens B. happening C. happened D. was happened ( )10. The weather will get_______. You must be careful.
A. badder B. many worse C. more bad D. much worse
( ) 11. ----__ anybody hurt? ---- No, everyone was safe.A. Does B. Did C. Is D. Was ( ) 12. __ he didn’t take his umbrella, he was all wet. A. So B. And C. Since D. But ( ) 13. He shouted_______ help, but no one came _______ a long time.
A. to, to B. to, for C. for, to D. for, for
( ) 14. Many children are left alone in the countryside. Let’s try our best ______ them.
A. help B. helping C. to help D. helps ( ) 15. ------Do you know how to _______ a crying girl? ------Sorry, I don’t know. I think it’s too hard.
A. fall down B. cut down C. put down D. calm down 五、根据短文内容及首字母提示，填写所缺单词
Summer is coming. The w 1 become hotter and hotter. A lot of people like s 2 in the swimming pools or in the sea. They think water makes them f 3 cool. But some people are not careful enough. They often think they can swim b 4 than others and they don’t have to worry about anything. So these years, many accidents happened and some people l 5 their lives(生命). Most of them were students. As we all know, safety is the most important. Do you know h 6 to protect(保护) yourself? To protect yourself, you must be careful. Remember not to swim in a d 7 place. Don’t swim alone, and when you see a “No Swimming” sign, don’t swim, e 8 . Of course, you can swim w 9 someone who can keep you safe. If you r 10 these, swimming will be safer.